Internship to commence March 2019
We are searching for TWO interns to join the VowFM-Wits Radio Academy and Eyewitness News (EWN) newsrooms in a joint 12 month internship programme.
The two interns will rotate between both organizations on a monthly basis, sharing their time between VowFM and the Wits Radio Academy, Braamfontein (Wits University Main Campus) and Sandton (Primedia – EWN newsroom), effective beginning of February 2019.
At EWN, interns will:
• Acquire all round news production and voice training skills to be able to produce news stories and even prepared to go out on news stories.
• Digital and Online department experience focusing on news
• Learn interview techniques
• Learn online systems and Newsroom 4.5
• Shadow news reporters and anchors
• Be required to stay abreast of news events/developments
At VowFM, interns will develop skills in the following areas:
• Report from the field as well as work on the news desk
• Package stories for current affairs programmes and news bulletins
• Update social media with news content
• Compile and read daily bulletins
• Support trained newsroom volunteers in all aspects concerned with bettering their skills for the newsroom for better team results.
So what do you need?
• Qualification in Journalism or related field (Bachelors’ Degree or 3 year National Diploma)
• Valid driver’s license or in the process of getting one
• Quality writing and voicing scripts for radio experience
• Minimal editing and multi-track mixing experience needed for creating packages and produce good quality audio for broadcast
The internships are designed to ensure that learning takes place in the various operations of a newsroom and offer a monthly basic stipend.
Closing Date: 20 January 2019
*Submit: Cover letter and CV,
*N. B. Email Subject title: EWN/WRA-VOW FM News Internship 2019
*Send your email to: Lerato.Makate@wits.ac.za