Global Citizen, South Africa seeks an exceptionally organized and personable individual with a proven track record of relationship management and project management to join the team as Partnerships Manager, South Africa.
The candidate will have experience working in an agency environment delivering complex projects and partnerships with large corporate brands. The primary role is to lead major accounts at Global Citizen, South Africa, co-developing strategies, and to organize the delivery strategy and execution of the partnership internally. S/he will build comprehensive and clear delivery plans to ensure first class partnership delivery. S/he will always look for opportunities to improve the experience of the partner and encourage longer term partnerships. The successful candidate will have demonstrated account management success and high-level organizational skills to manage complex projects.
While the exact responsibilities may vary from time to time, the main duties can be
summarized as follows:
1. PARTNER MANAGEMENT
● Lead relationship management of a portfolio of corporate partners based in South Africa
● Manage and execute each partnership across a major event
● Oversee the delivery of each element of the partnership and communicate clearly back to the client progress and impact
● Create project plans, milestones, and timelines
● Lead internal communication of each partnership and ensure every department is aware of deliverables and impact
2. MANAGEMENT AND CAMPAIGNS
● Provide regular reports to the client and major impact reports at the end of each partnership
● Provide regular updates and reports to the Senior Director, Global Partnerships
● Ensure expense budgets are on track
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Help develop and iterate campaigns and messaging that supports the clients business objectives
● Work with the internal Global Citizen team to ensure that each partnership meets the goals of Global Citizen
● Work closely with colleagues in the UK, US and Canada to deliver these partnerships
Education and Experience
Partnership management positions require a bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years of relationship management experience. Experience within an agency setting is an asset.
Other Skills and Qualifications
● Ability to network, persuade, prospect, and speak publicly in a compelling way
● Strong research and writing skills
● Extremely well organized with an understanding of management tools
● Demonstrate a professional manner
● Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Suite
● Maintain a commitment to eradicating extreme poverty by 2030
This position is a full-time, contracted position for a 7-month consultancy (June-December). This person is required to work 8 hours per day (10-6pm), 5 days per week, and reports to the Senior Director, Global Partnerships.
Click here to apply for this position