Healthy Living Alliance (HEALA) is seeking applications for a Media Advocacy Coordinator responsible for supporting media advocacy, communications and advocacy campaigns. He/she will work closely with the Executive Director and Alliance Co-ordinator to develop and implement media strategies to achieve the communications objectives and further the policy advocacy goals.
Develop, implement, and support media advocacy and communications strategies for HEALA;
Develop and implement methods to increase the capacity of the media to report on healthy living;
- Assess the media landscape, capacity, and identify media opportunities.
Manage relationships with PR agencies, digital communications agencies, and media monitoring vendors;
- Draft press releases, reports, brochures and other communications materials as needed;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; assist in responding to other donor requests and inquiries.
Assist Executive Director and coordinator with writing fact sheets and opinion pieces in for media use.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE will be motivated by the opportunity to work towards a South Africa where all people have access to healthy food and clean water. S/he will:
* be experienced in the use of traditional media and social media as a tools to advocate for policy change and implementation.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in strategic communications, media relations, public relations, consulting or advocacy campaigns.
- Strong program or project management experience. Fine attention to details, and ability to deliver project goals in a timely fashion.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and editing skills.
- Thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and is willing to learn from others.
- Flexibility, focused organisational skill, and good humour required to handle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are eligible to work in SA. If you have previously applied for this position, please do not reapply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about HEALA, refer to www.heala.org