Day Editor: News24 (Cape Town)
Main purpose of the job
To grow News24’s audience by informing, educating and delighting our readers with the right mix of content that is published on our digital platforms during the day.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Burning passion for breaking news and setting the agenda
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent digital skills and experience with a passion for innovation
- Excellent analytical skills and passionate about the use of data in journalism
- Problem-solving, can-do attitude
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in journalism, languages or media studies;
- At least 10 years’ editorial experience;
- Previous experience in online editing.
- A sound editorial knowledge, including proficiency as a writer with strong editing skills;
- In-depth knowledge of the target market;
- Proficiency in relevant content management programs and analytical tools
Submit your application by 29 March 2019. Click here to apply https://news24.simplify.hr/Vacancy/vpnkwf
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.