Department: Tiso Blackstar Digital
Location: Parktown, Johannesburg
Are you as passionate about the automotive industry as you are about driving the latest sports car? Do you want to share your knowledge of the latest issues and trends affecting South African and international car buyers? Are you as comfortable interviewing the CEO of a global car company as chatting in the pits to a racing driver or talking technology with a truck engineer?
We are looking for a senior motoring reporter to work in Tiso Blackstar Group’s motoring team, in particular to contribute to the regular Business Day Motor News supplement in print and online.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the motoring industry and maintain relationships with key people in the industry.
- Contribute insightful and knowledgeable stories to the Motor News section (and to Business Day itself and other titles within Tiso Blackstar Group as required), in print or online.
- Source supplementary links, pictures, audio material and videos where necessary.
- Collaborate with the group motoring editor to fine-tune content when required.
- Regular diary co-ordination with the group motoring editor.
- Weekend and after-hours work will be required at times.
Skills and attributes
- Solid knowledge of the South African and global automotive industry with extensive industry contacts.
- Excellent writing skills and command of the English language.
- Superior time management and communication skills.
- Advanced driving skills preferable.
Skills that would be an advantage
- Multimedia, radio and/or TV experience.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in journalism or a related field.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Current passport.
Applications deadline: September 7 2018
CVs and a short cover letter should be addressed to Riaan Wolmarans, managing editor: digital, on email@example.com.
Tiso Blackstar Group is an affirmative action employer and preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. Should we not respond to you in the next 21 days, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.