|DEPARTMENT||702 Programming||REPORT TO||702 Station Manager|
|PURPOSE||Programme Manager: The position will be responsible for looking after the sound of the station, guiding and mentoring the producers and assisting 702 Station Manager with implementing the station’s strategy and being the link between Sales and 702 programming with special focus on creative solutions.
|SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE||
· Understand basic workings of the studio.
· Ability to motivate others.
· Ability to work with on-air talent and Producers.
· Strong verbal and written communications.
· Ability to facilitate two way and group communication.
· Ability to set and manage deadlines.
|EXPERIENCE REQUIRED||· Good knowledge of talk radio format.
· Knowledge of South Africa’s radio market.
· Managerial Experience.
· Knowledge and understanding of Media sales.
|PERSONALITY ATTRIBUTES||· Proactive
· Ability to work under pressure
· Team player
· Ability to inspire and lead
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES||1. Develop creative solutions for clients
· Responsible for general liaison between 702 programming and Sales
· Together with the CS team, come up with concepts that fit the 702 brand
· To support CS by attending internal and external client briefings and present proposals to clients
· To be able to address any and all CS queries in relation to 702 properties
· To ensure flawless implementation of sold campaigns by 702 programming team including 702 on-air talent
2. Assist with growing the target audience
· Ensure the station produces and delivers good quality content.
· Ensure the station is connecting with the target audience.
· Implement 702’s Strategy.
· Listen to the station to ensure a quality product.
· Clocks – ensure tight programming in line with Primedia Broadcasting and 702.
· Develop 702’s Hosts/ Presenters.
· Groom and mentor possible successors.
· Provide regular feedback to Presenters, Technical producers and content producers through air checks, meetings and informally.
|3. Implementation of 702 format:
· Partner with radio consultants to ensure growth in 702’s target audience.
· Overall accountability for 702’s Music programs.
4. Explore for digital opportunities
· Accountable for the performance of the digital footprint of 702.
· Ensure that the programming team effectively uses Primedia Broadcasting’s platforms to improve and deepen the station’s relationship with its audiences.
5. Assist with Development of talent
· Ensure a succession plan is in place for key talent both On-Air, producers and admin staff. Always be on the lookout for new talent and develop a talent bank.
6. Liaising with Production
· Be the contact person between 702 Programming and Production for all programming requirements
· Scripting material for CS promos and other station promotions
· Ensuring a smooth and effective roll out of promotions and sponsorships on 702
· Ensure scripting, loading of imaging for 702.
8. Contribute to Strategic Planning
· Take part in annual Strategy discussions and assist in facilitating development of annual Strategy for 702.
· Co-responsible for the data strategy of 702
9. Training and development
· Provide support to HC by identifying training needs of presenters, content producers, technical producers and other staff at 702
Send your detailed CV to Broadcastingcv1@primedia.co.za with the Subject Line Programming Manager. The closing date for applications is 15th December 2017.
Suitable candidates will be selected in accordance with Primedia Broadcasting’s Employment Equity Policy. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.