Close Date: 2015/10/23
|Job Title||Copy Writer|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Town / City||Randburg|
|Equity Status||African, Coloured and Indian candidates|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Context||(Internal and external factors which influence the work environment, taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account)• Business environment
• Dynamic organization
• Policies & Procedures
|Customers||(Internal and external individuals or groups to whom products, services and information must be provided)• All business units within M-Net
• Digital platforms
• Channel managers at the M-Net Series and M-Net Movies divisions
|Outputs||(Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to internal and external individuals or groups, to accomplish the organisation’s mission and strategy)• Write EPG synopsis for any of the following channels, as allocated by line manager: M-Net 101, M-Net Edge, M-Net City and 9 M-Net Movies Channels.
• Adapt the synopsis for different Catch Up platforms.
• Input material into the EPG system and maintain the EPG.
• Identify ‘hooks’ to entice viewers to watch programmes/movies in conjunction with the publicity team and ensure these “hooks” are consistent with those on the App, website and publicity material.
• Build good relationships with the DStv EPG team and ensure all material is delivered according to their requirements and deadlines.
• Write and/or subedit material for publicity purposes – press releases, notifications, on-air straps etc.
• Assist at M-Net media events, when needed.
• Assist with executing M-Net Special Projects strategy, when needed.
|Education & Experience||• 3 year qualification in Communication/Media Studies/Journalism/Marketing
• 1-2 years journalism experience
• 1-2 years online marketing or online writing experience
• Understanding of New Media trends
• Excellent writing skills
• A passion for TV shows and movies
• Passion for the internet
• Tenacity and drive
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail