Jobs and Opportunities
• The WCJ’s Citizen Justice Network is looking for an intern to join the team at Wits University in Johannesburg. Help develop an exciting initiative that empowers communities and improves access to justice. Deadline: 8 December. Click here for details.
• GRID-Arendal is offering grants for investigative journalism projects focused on environmental crime in developing countries. Six grants of approximately €2,000 each will be awarded. Deadline: 4 December. Click here for details.
• Media companies with a positive social impact can apply for funding through the Media Development Investment Fund’s Ventures initiative, which invests in projects that address accountability, strengthen debate and reduce information poverty. Deadline: 10 December. Click here for details.
• Food for Mzansi is looking for a junior journalist who will assist in the research, writing, and editing of news articles, features, and business reports related to South Africa’s agricultural industry. Deadline: 11 December. Click here for details.
• Women photojournalists who reported in dangerous environments are invited to enter the IWMF’s Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award. The winner will receive US$20,000. Deadline: 17 December. Click here for details.
• Business Tech is looking for a journalist intern to join the team in Centurion. Learn to cover the latest news, produce interesting articles and features, and sub-edit content for publication. Deadline: 30 December. Click here for details.
• The International Center for Journalists is accepting entries for the 2024 Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling, open to journalists working for print, broadcast and online news media based in Africa. Deadline: 31 January, 2024. Click here for details.
• Early-career nonfiction writers who want to focus on a story that uncovers truths about the human condition can apply for funding of US$12,500 through New York University’s Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award. Deadline: 22 February, 2024. Click here for details.
• Journalists in Africa are invited to enter the Southern African Development Community’s 2024 Media Awards, which recognise excellence in journalism in categories of print, radio, television and photography. Deadline: 29 February, 2024. Click here for details.