An exciting opportunity for a go-getter with an excellent sense for business news exists as a mid-senior business writer in The Citizen’s editorial department.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of daily digital business news gathering and production in South Africa.
This is a dynamic position which requires an individual with a proven track record as a business and financial journalist.
- Identify and write high quality articles on a number of business and financial interests for a wide audience.
- Ensure that content remains relevant to The Citizen’s differing audiences.
- Constantly track performance of written articles and make improvements where necessary.
- Plan, commission and execute multimedia stories with a focus on business, financial interests, personal finance, etc.
- Be the authority on all business, economic and financial developments in South Africa.
- Contribute story ideas to other editorial sections. Work with relevant editors to generate business-orientated content for these sections.
- An appropriate bachelor’s or higher degree in Journalism or appropriate work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mainstream journalism, with a proven track record in business news and financial reporting, including a wide range of industries
- Digital newsroom experience advantageous
- Good network of contacts
- Good talent for writing and copy tasting abilities
- Advanced awareness of the media law and current trends
- Good news gathering skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Excellent people/interview skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- News awareness
- Deadline driven
- Team player
- Matric/Grade 12 qualification or SAQA Accredited Equivalent a must
- Valid driver’s licence a must
- Own vehicle a must
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Solid references
- No criminal record
Please send suitable applications with a full CV to email@example.com
Reference in subject line: Digital Business Writer
Closing date for applications: 29 July 2020.
Preference will be given to individuals who will add to the diversity of the organisation.
The Citizen reserves the right to not fill the position.