The Ginwala enquiry turned down a request for access to submissions on
National Director of Public Prosecutions Vusi Pikoli, the enquiry said
on Wednesday, according to a report on iol.co.za.
"I have declined a request from Independent Newspapers that I make all submissions made to the Enquiry available to them. As these documents were generated by the parties, they should themselves determine whether or not to make them public," said a statement issued on behalf of enquiry leader Frene Ginwala.
Pikoli was suspended in September 2007 by President Thabo Mbeki on the grounds of an irretrievable breakdown in his working relationship with Justice Minister Brigitte Mabandla. The enquiry was established and submissions have been received on the matter from the justice ministry and from Pikoli.
"I have previously indicated to the parties that should they decide to disseminate their submissions 'they do so entirely of their own volition' and that I would assume that they would 'take into consideration issues relating to matters that may be sub judice, pending or by law not open to public disclosure'," the statement read.
Click here to read the full report, posted on iol.co.za.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â