Caxton Newspapers in northern Johannesburg has a vacancy for a journalist. The journalist will be required to research and write high quality stories from local communities. The candidate will report to the news editor to coordinate assignments and is required to reach daily targets as well as process daily press statements and report on breaking news and functions. The candidate will also be required to interact with communities within the northern Johannesburg area on social media platforms.
Applicants must send a short CV and motivational letter as well as their salary expectations.
The candidate must live in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg. Please specify which suburb you live in as well as if you have your own reliable transport.
If you have not heard from us by 11 March 2016 please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Diploma or degree in journalism
- Ones year experience in a newsroom
- Exceptionally high standard of written and spoken English
- Must have own, reliable vehicle and valid drivers licence
- Experience in multimedia and social platforms
- Must be able to work alone, without supervision and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends on breaking news
Caxton JHB North