Centre for Communications Impact (CCI, formerly trading as JHHESA), is looking for a radio producer to assist in the production of a Brothers for Life health-based talk show to start immediately.
The series will run for 13 weeks and be produced by each of the 11 SABC vernacular radio stations. Content will be generated by CCI and the SABC.
The successful candidate will do the following:
- Write evidence-based briefs and scripts that fulfil health education outcomes
– Liaise with community partners and medical service providers around the country to provide spokespeople for the series at different times of day and in different languages.
- Liaise with community based monitoring teams on a weekly basis to receive feedback on each programme after broadcast.
- Produce short pieces of content for broadcast on the series.
- Share content and transcripts with SABC radio producers around the country.
Core Competencies and experience required:
- Fluency in English and at least two additional South African languages
- A minimum of 2years experience in radio production
- A minimum of 2 years health education or journalism experience
- Ability to set up, conduct, record and edit interviews
- Understanding of social media and digital content distribution
- Excellent organisational ability.
- Proven ability to write coherent English scripts and content briefs
- Willingness to work in a participative environment and collaborate with a small programme team.
- Have initiative and ideas.
The contract will begin as soon as possible and end 30 June 2015.
Interested candidates please send the following to Pinky@ccisa.co.za by April 3rd:
- Detailed CV, including three references
- Motivation letter, telling us why you want to do this work and what skills you bring to the job.
- Evidence of work