In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
CHIEF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
- B degree in Marketing, Communication or Journalism;
- Driver’s licence;
- Five years’ proven experience as a Senior Marketing and Communication Officer in a higher education institution and/or a medium organisation with regard to, inter alia, the following:
- Strategic marketing planning;
- Publicity and external communication;
- Budgeting and control;
- External communication;
- Events management;
- Student recruitment;
- Writing, editing and proofreading of articles for media releases;
- Content editing and development.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Interpersonal skills;
- Excellent language and communication skills;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Innovative, creative and proactive;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability and sophistication needed to interact with internal stakeholders, business, media and other external stakeholders;
- Ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines;
- Administrative and accounting skills;
- Organising ability;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as member of a team;
- Able and willing to work, on occasions, evenings and weekends;
- Computer skills: MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant postgraduate courses, degree and/or other related media training;
- Previous relevant experience in a higher education environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Marketing and Communication Officer is responsible for the management and co-ordination of the Marketing and Public Relations functions of the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology, including providing the full range of services to the Faculty in collaboration and consultation with the Dean.
The incumbent will assist and liaise with colleagues within the Faculty and in other divisions to support their activities in market research, strategic planning, marketing and public relations, internal staff and student communications, corporate identity, events management, alumni relations and fundraising, and student recruitment.
CLOSING DATE: 29 July 2015
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
To apply, please visit the University’s website at www.up.ac.za and follow the link: Careers@UP