We are hiring an editorial intern to be part of this exciting social justice project housed in the Wits Journalism Department in Johannesburg.
Remuneration: Competitive monthly stipend.
Education level: Degree.
Type: 6-month contract with option to renew once.
Send a letter and full CV , including two referees before 01 July to:
Paul McNally (email@example.com)
Citizen Justice Network:
We train community paralegals in under-reported areas to be radio journalists. We then guide them to produce incredible stories for broadcast. Then we identify national patterns of injustice and implement change.
More on our site: www.citizenjusticenetwork.org
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- African languages.
- A keen interest in social justice.
- Understanding how to create efficient editorial processes, particularly in radio.
- Ability to create and maintain filing and administration systems.
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Willingness to understand the NGO sector.
- Contactable references.
- Interest in paralegal advice offices and/or community radio.
As an editorial intern you will be required to:
- Work daily over the phone with our paralegal journalists to help them produce stories and programming for their local radio stations.
- Take charge of what the advice offices need and any ongoing training they might require to produce these stories.
- Write blog posts and handle social media accounts.
- Some travel. Car licence necessary.
- Collate information in a systematic format and manage the flow of stories. Be responsible for an ongoing set of deliverables.
- To assist the team with a variety of projects including organising events
- Work as the second member of a newly formed project in a vibrant journalism department.
Only successful candidates will be contacted