CNN is a major global pioneering news channel which has been at the forefront of news reporting for over 30 years.
Its two dozen branded networks and services are available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories. It reaches 100 million households in the U.S. and CNN International reaches more than 293 million households around the world.
Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism, including the Asian Television Award Cable & Satellite Network and Channel of the Year, and is a two-time winner of Royal Television Society News Channel of the Year.
The CNN Johannesburg bureau monitors stories throughout Africa to produce groundbreaking journalism for newsgathering and features initiatives.
As an intern for the CNN Johannesburg bureau, you will be an integral part of a team who provide unmatched insight into the African continent. This is a great opportunity to take on administrative and journalistic responsibility within a supportive and encouraging environment which will provide you with a great foundation for your career.
This role is to provide office, field, and live shot support to the CNN Johannesburg bureau. The main areas of responsibility are:
- Complete editorial tasks assigned by bureau producer or correspondent
- Call sources to confirm stories and write news updates
- Assist in field-producing when appropriate
- File digital stories in conjunction with bureau team
- Assist in finding possible stories to cover
- Coordinating transportation for guests and field crews
- Full procurement of visas for international travel
- Assisting staff with recent expense report documentation
- Organizing, identifying, and purchasing bureau office supplies
- A self-motivated & driven individual
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of current and historical events
- Fluent in french
Past exposure to the media industry
Interested candidates are asked to send CV, recommendations, and cover letter to email@example.com