This post forms an integral part of the Strategic Communications Unit and entails conceptualising creative communication solutions, producing and editing copy for, and co-ordinating the production of various WWF communications and marketing products. Typically the type of content is in support of various campaigns, digital products as well as printed collateral.
- Work with the Digital / Content Manager to develop and implement concepts and produce content for WWF’s communication platforms. This includes writing and editing material for all WWF’s digital platforms and its printed products (Annual Reports, Panda Bulletins, promotional brochures etc)
- Ensure that all corporate content requirements and initiatives are planned for and captured in the overall WWF communication’s calendar
- Work closely with the programmes, their respective content communicators and the business development unit to ensure that content is captured and translated in a compelling way, and communicated through the most appropriate platforms for the relevant target audience
- Assist the Digital / Content manager in liaising with service providers including designers and printers.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A qualification in copywriting, journalism, media, communication or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in writing and editing copy for business or NGO sector.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Creative design / layout and graphic skills are an advantage.
- Ability to write flexibly for different audiences, including Corporates and Individuals with content ranging from science-based to creative and emotive.
- Experience in overseeing production of publications
- Experience in generating content for social media, monitoring social media conversations and pulling analytics is necessary
- Must be organised and pay meticulous attention to detail and keeping the messaging on brand.
- Knowledge of business, conservation and environmental issues an advantage.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills, work well in a team environment and have a positive attitude.
- An interest in and commitment to environmental and conservation issues and an understanding of the connection between social issues and the environment.
- An understanding of South Africa’s past and the legacy it continues to have on our society today.
- Advanced computer literacy, including the suite of Microsoft products including PowerPoint.
- Driver’s license.
To apply please click here and create or update your profile, and attach a detailed CV with a covering letter under the “Documents” section of your profile, fully motivating why you should be appointed. Please make sure you upload your CV and cover letter as one document (pdf/doc). Make sure you have names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references on your CV.
Applications close on 11th September 2015 emailed application will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.