|Remuneration:||R20000 – R20000 per month Basic salary|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Honeydew, Nooitgedacht|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
- This position is part of the JAM International’s marketing team to collate information from internal departments, research, write, produce, facilitate, channel, support, proofread and cross check all relevant corporate communication for donor and affiliate reporting timeously as well as marketing-related outcomes to the division and its internal and external stakeholders.
2. To research, write and produce a range of internal and external communication materials linked to donor engagement, affiliate engagement, media relations and coverage, internal communications processes and products, publications, social media, corporate website, public relations and events, and ad hoc tasks assigned to the marketing division.
3. This position will function under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Marketing Manager and will contribute to the success of a high-performance communications function for quality work that speaks of consistent, pro-active, timely and effective communication to all its constituencies.
- Productive writing and packaging of feature and other stories as well as issues-oriented reports that are focuses on children and communities where JAM is present and utilized for web-based, electronic, print and other materials that ensure effective stakeholder and donor engagement.
2. Oversee and produce all internal and external PR and assist JAM’s marketing team to remain focussed on JAM’s functions and purposes.
3. Produce stories and other communiqué such as PowerPoint and multimedia presentations about JAM as organisation with focused views on niche/technical areas, organisational activities, achievements, aspirations, goals etc.
4. Ensure that all assignments are produced on time while meeting professional standards for informing, educating and engaging donor and other stakeholders.
5. Collaborate with field reporters to produce communications material from the field and finalise assignments pro-actively, timely and with maximum impact.
6. Development and implementation of an annual PR Strategy for meeting strategic media objectives and ensure that JAM’s media profile is increased.
7. Develop and maintain key media contacts within South Africa and internationally, inclusive of media in countries and locations of JAM’s development programmes.
8. Compile customised documents for media, corporate donors, stakeholders and other guests visiting JAM’s projects and head quarters.
9. Contribute stories, photos and information for the production of various internal communication channels and communiqué, which reflect comprehensive information about the organisation, its activities, staffing issues, and social news and decision processes of JAM.
10. Produce content and material for JAM publications, brochures, flyers and other marketing collateral.
11. Participate in the writing of marketing-related proposals, letters and reports.
12. Monitor and coordinate information and data resources at development country level.
13. Research and collation of information from various departments in order to write, cross check, produce and proofread accurate monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual affiliate offices- and donor reports timeously in order to attract donor attention and generate revenue.
14. Attend to issues pertaining to the corporate brand, public relations, events, promotions and special ad hoc assignments.
15. The Officer may from time to time be required to perform duties not specifically stated in this job description, provided that such duties are related to JAM operations.
Knowledge skills, abilities and requirements
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required, and may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, and on-the-job training:
- A first degree in Communications Studies and/or Marketing.
- English-language fluency (written and verbal). A superior command of the English language is essential.
- Excellent proof ready skills
- Fluency in Portuguese and German will be advantageous.
- Excellent computer skills (additional skills in word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and desktop publishing are advantageous).
- An energetic, analytical, self-starting approach to projects that involve significant responsibility and fixed deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Team player, with a proven track record of working harmoniously within teams.
- Functioning well under pressure.
- Independent and responsible worker, driven by successful and quality outcomes.
- Inquisitive mind set.
- Ability to travel and work in the field from time to time.
- Willing to work overtime from time to time.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Minimum five years experience within a Communications environment and PR.
- Experience within an NGO environment will be a major advantage.
- Journalistic background and experience is essential.