WesBank, a division of FirstRand Bank Limited, is a leading Vehicle and Asset Finance bank and part of one of the largest financial services groups in Africa. WesBank has over 40 years experience in asset finance. We focus on providing secured instalment finance to retail, public sector and corporate markets, as well as related services such as insurance, fleet management and full maintenance rental. WesBank is the partner of choice for over 60 leading international brands in fields such as automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers and oil companies. We are a global company with successful operations throughout Africa as well as the UK.
Brief Posting Description
The Communications Specialist develops and implements a communication and marketing management capability that allows for efficient conceptualization, planning and delivery of marketing and communication strategies (internal and external) throughout the business. The incumbent prepares, reviews and quality assures all new communications, including drafting and maintaining web content – ensuring consistency of style and tone. The role is responsible for extracting expert opinion, project managing communication programs and for liaising with key stakeholders, sources and service providers.
Closing date: 30 July 2015
- Manages and reports on cost usage that reflects delivery of planned work within agreed parameters
- Promotes teamwork amongst peers and team members
- Participates in planned activities that are appropriate for own development
- Issues communiques on behalf of client, to share and inform internal or external parties of organisation’s plans, decisions, products or services
- Facilitates the implementation of business initiatives and projects with focus on efficiencies
- Represents the Organisation Brand at the Group Forums to ensure consistency in internal communications techniques and messaging
- Responds to request for internal communication and identities communication campaigns to respond to issues experienced by the Organisation
- Ensures customer excellence through interaction with internal and external customers throughout all business activities
- Ensures customer service solutions are aligned to the operational business plan
- Minimum Qualification – Communication Degree / Diploma
- Preferred Qualification – Degree in Journalism / Communications
- Experience – Five years experience in journalism, Public Relations and or communications Some experience in the financial services industry an advantage