Africa.com is looking for a part time content marketer to join its Content Team. You will work with the senior team to develop and execute a content marketing strategy, using SEO, content optimization, and content partnership outreach, among other avenues. The ideal candidate will have experience in online marketing of content to grow our audience through copywriting, improving user experience, SEO and other user acquisition strategies. You will work closely with the Senior Editor and content team to integrate content marketing with content generation.
On a typical day, you are likely to …
- Analyze recent traffic to and interaction with new content and send report to Senior Editor.
- Follow up with technology team on recent development changes and their impact.
- Test user experience and user interaction options, and recommend changes.
- Work with content team to improve the newsletters and execute social media strategy.
- Review monthly user acquisition goals by channel and geography, and adjust strategy to meet goals.
You can do this job if you are …
- Dedicated to sharing African stories across the continent and the world
- Passionate about the continent and African news
- Always reading the news, aware of current trends, and looking for different perspectives and views
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Able to work independently
- Able to communicate effectively with a team across multiple time zones
- Extremely attentive to, and driven by, deadlines
- Excellent at written communication
- Eager to pick up new skills
- Prior experience in digital content marketing required
- Excellent written English
The Company: Africa.com is run by a team of highly driven professionals, all passionate about sharing the varied stories of Africa across the continent and the world. We like each other. We work hard. We enjoy working hard together to produce high quality products. We have a high profile in our space, and participate in many conferences, launches, and other professional/social events.
Location and Hours: This job is part time. It can be done virtually, and does not require you to be near an Africa.com office. Africa.com has offices in Johannesburg, Lagos and New York. Please specify in your application where you are located and what else you are engaged in.
Compensation: You will be compensated in line with your qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 20th, 2015:
- Cover Letter, outlining your motivation and relevant experience. Include examples of your work.
- CV with full contact information.