Faculty of Humanities
School of Literature, Language and Media
JOURNALISM AND MEDIA STUDIES – Senior Lecturer/Lecturer
One-year contract position
The Department of Journalism at Wits is looking for an exceptional person to join its teaching and research team, with both a professional experience and an academic background. The post is a contract appointment for a fixed term of one year, which may be renewed.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Teaching existing courses;
- Research and research supervision;
- Building the department’s publishing programme
- Co-ordinating and growing the mid-career honours and short course programmes, specifically in the area of investigative journalism.
- Significant professional experience in journalism, including at senior editorial levels;
- Interest in and experience of teaching and skills development;
- Excellent understanding of changing skills needs in SA journalism;
- Research experience;
- A PhD, completed.
Further information is available from Adj Prof Franz Krüger, HoD of the Journalism Department, at 011 717 4744 / 082 903 4196, or email email@example.com
TO APPLY :
Submit a letter of motivation, full curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identity document and the names and contact details of three referees (incl. e-mail addresses).
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/”Apply for a job”
External applicant are invited to apply, by registering a profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za.
Closing date: 21 May 2017