TIA is looking for young dynamic writers who are passionate about all things African. We are seeking tech-savvy writing interns dedicated to become part of our growing editorial team.
Period: April – September 2016
Duty Stations: Cape Town, Johannesburg or Harare, Nairobi and Lagos
Renumeration: A monthly stipend of $250
- Be able to engage in a passionate debate that can range from anything like, weaves versus natural hair or Billie Holiday versus Fela Kuti or Mugabe versus Kagame or pap versus ugali
- A degree in Journalism, Communication or Media Studies.
- First class writing skills
- Organised, conscientious and don’t need to be constantly monitored to perform your role
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral communication skills
The Editorial Interns will:
- Write short features and reviews (TIA lifestyle and trending)
- Assist with proof reading and fact checking
- Prepping and scheduling content on TIA website
- Assist with updating TIA social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV and at least two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Please note, this is a full-time position. If you have not heard from us two weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.