The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
has a vacancy for
a Public Relations and Social Media Consultant (full time)
The position (41 working hours per week) is to be filled as soon as possible. The employment contract will be for 6 months only. Employment is subject to South African law and remuneration is customary to South African standards and according to the Embassy’s salary scheme.
- Manage, develop and implement international and regional campaigns for the German Information Centre at the German Embassy Pretoria, especially in the area of international migration in collaboration with the German Foreign Office, international organizations and communication agencies
- Steer the development and implementation of PR strategies for on- and offline outreach
- Manage campaing content for websites, social media and pool of international freelancers working for GIC, including professionalizing the GIC Africa site
- Coordinate with the Foreign Office in Berlin as well as with German institutions and international actors in various African countries
- Contribute to the daily running of the German Information Centre
- Candidates should have a Master’s degree in journalism, communications, international relations or a related subject and a minimum of 3 years work experience or a Master’s degree in any other field and a minimum of 3 years work experience in communications.
Advanced degrees a plus but not required.
- Excellent proficiency in English (oral and written), proficiency in German would be a great advantage
- Experience in international communications and public relations
- Understanding for institutional procedures
- Experience in strategy development for on- and offline communication platforms
- Experience in the field of journalism or other writing, editing and technical digital skills
- The applicant should have strong communication and organizational skills. The applicant should be able to work in a team, cope with pressure
- Work experience in other African countries or in the field of international migration would be an advantage but is not mandatory
Your written application should include a summary of your professional background and previous job experiences, qualifications and a photo. Please send your application no later than 20 June 2017 to Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany by E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Ms Susanne Schwab
Suitable candidates will be invited to a personal interview.