THE SA National Editors Forum saidÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â it was relieved the National Prosecuting Authority agreed to negotiate with ETV over the subpoenas issued to two journalists, reports Stephen Grootes for EWN.
They were due to appear in court after refusing to reveal the identity of two men who threatened to rob FIFA World Cup tourists.
One of the self-confessed criminals has been arrested while another man, thought to have introduced them to reporters, committed suicide last week.
SanefÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Thabo Leshilo was relieved Ben Said and Mpho Lakaje were spared appearing in court: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œCommon sense has a way of prevailing and so itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s a very good development now that theyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ve signed the agreement.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
The NPAÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Mthunzi Mhaga said they had until Thursday to state their case to prosecutors.
Click here to read the full report, posted on ewn.co.za.