Education level: Graduate or post graduate degree in journalism and media studies
Job level: Junior with opportunities for advancement
Type: Permanent, probation period
Are you passionate about writing in the digital age? Do you enjoy the immediacy of communicating online and through social media, but still value print magazine publishing and the skills it requires?
Are your writing skills of the highest standard? Are you both creative and hard-working, and looking for a challenge to prove it?
Dynamic business to business media company is looking for a journalism and media studies graduate to write for its digital products and magazines. You must be able to generate and manage quality newsworthy content within quick turnaround times for newsletters, websites and social media. You must also be able to research and write longer in-depth feature articles for magazines.
You should be able to understand and write about business and different industries. Interviewing a CEO or discussing how a product works should not deter you. You should be willing to learn everything you can about the industry you cover, ensuring you go beyond the desktop and into the field. An interest in the engineering and infrastructure industries would be an advantage.
You must have proven people and communication skills and be comfortable networking and engaging with your industry face-to-face. You should be self-motivated, able to work independently and to meet strict deadlines. Any written work you can provide from working for your student newspaper or freelance assignments would be an advantage.
You must be prepared to work outside of traditional hours. You should have an unwavering commitment to the job, and be able to work under pressure and deliver.
This is a position for an enthusiastic and ambitious graduate who wishes to gain experience in journalism and is willing to grow to the next level.
3S Media is a dynamic business-to-business media company involved with print, online and events. The emphasis is on original quality content and on building brands across multiple platforms.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in journalism and media studies
- Ability to research and write original news stories
- Ability to research and write original in-depth articles
- Ability to research projects and source relevant stakeholders
- Ability to interview clients and write about their products and services
- Ability to make regular contributions through social media channels – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc
- Portfolio of work done during studies, including for student newspaper
- Willingness to attending industry events to promote your brand, and write stories and social media posts
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constant deadlines
Proven writing skills, creative flair, confidence, good customer service and people skills, good organisational and management skills, solid work ethic, unwavering commitment, energetic, deadline-driven, self-motivated, flexible, team player, ability to write across multiple platforms, willingness to learn and innovate in a changing media environment