Position Title : Digital Officer, Partnerships (Contract/Temporary)
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa
Reports in: Senior Director, Global Programs & Partnerships (South Africa based)
Works closely with: Digital Partnerships Manager (U.S. based)
About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.7 billion lives by 2030.
The Digital Officer, Partnerships is a temporary role on the Partnerships team. This person will work closely with the Digital Manager of Partnerships and in tandem marketing team to write for and assist in executing social media strategy specifically for corporate partners in support of Global Citizen events. The Digital Officer should be a digital generalist, be savvy in digital best practices, and have exceptional writing skills.
This role is a temporary contract role and runs from June to December 2018.
● Write and schedule posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Email
● Edit partner editorial content pieces for tone, voice, and regional variations
● Coordinate and organize visual and multimedia assets for posting and archiving
● Serve as the point person for digital photographers at events
● Work with the Digital Manager to secure partner approvals on relevant posts
● Monitor and execute the “social media run of show” during events
● Assist with post-event reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● At least 2 years professional experience in social media content creation, scheduling, posting, and curation
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
● Knowledge of social and digital platforms and tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Email, and Editorial
● Comfortable covering live events on social media with little or no supervision
● Experience creating external facing social media toolkits
● Knowledge of Sprout and Sprinkler
● Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
● Ability to spot problems ahead of time and ensure solutions are found and acted upon quickly
● Professional and able to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals
● Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality and non-disclosure of information
● Ability to quickly digest and analyze complex information and recommend solutions
● Ability to manage a multitude of tasks in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
● Can-do attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
● Friendly, flexible, confident and assertive personality with a sense of humor
● Commitment to Global Citizen’s mission
Applicants will be asked to submit a sample of their social media and email writing
skills. The position is 5 days per week, 8 hours per day and based in Johannesburg.
Click here for more information.