The Citizen requires the services of a graphic journalist reporting to the Deputy Digital Editor and Creative Director. This is the ideal position for a motivated, energetic self-starter that is passionate about news and newspapers.
- Create visual articles and infographics of international standards for print and digital platforms.
- Conceptualise and execute across all media platforms.
- Identify design styles and follow house CI.
- Conceptualise ideas independently or as part of a group.
- Research projects and find opportunities to use infographics.
- Take responsibility for own work, as well as the quality and standards of the newspaper.
- A strong designer with great time management skills.
- Able to collate and process large volumes of information.
- Have a firm grasp on the English language.
- Have good copywriting skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Work according to strict deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure a good-quality product.
- Be a self-starter and approach the job with pro-activeness
- Must pay meticulous attention to detail and have high standards of quality.
- Get the necessary approvals for your work
- Passionate about news and newspapers with a strong news sense and interest in current affairs.
- Work shifts as per operational requirements.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own transport.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary degree, preferably in journalism or related field.
- A background in journalism and the media environment.
- Advanced knowledge of layout and design software, with specific reference to Adobe software
- Must have a body of professionally published work.
- Some knowledge about multimedia software will be advantageous
Preference will be given to individuals who add to the diversity of the organisation.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
REFERENCE IN SUBJECT LINE: GRAPHIC JOURNALIST
Closing date for applications: 19 June 2015
Should you not receive feedback within 14 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Citizen reserves the right not to fill the position.