Apply for this new position to uplift community media and develop quality legal journalism across the country.
Work with award-winning journalists on this exciting media project based at Wits University. We train community paralegals in under-reported areas to be radio journalists. We guide them to produce incredible stories for broadcast and identify national patterns of injustice. We are part of the vibrant Wits Journalism Department. We work in eight rural and semi-rural areas around the country. Join a growing team. More on our site: www.citizenjusticenetwork.org
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- African languages.
- A keen interest in social justice and community media.
- Understanding how to create efficient editorial processes, particularly in radio.
- Ability to create and maintain filing and administration systems.
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Willingness to understand the NGO sector.
- Contactable references.
- Interest in paralegal advice offices and/or community radio.
- As an editorial intern you will be required to:
- Work daily over the phone with our paralegal journalists to help them produce stories and programming for their local radio stations.
- Take charge of what the advice offices need and any ongoing training they might require to produce these stories.
- Write blog posts and handle social media accounts.
- Some travel. Car licence necessary.
- Collate information in a systematic format and manage the flow of stories. Be responsible for an ongoing set of deliverables.
Competitive monthly stipend
6-month contract with option to renew once
Send a letter and full CV , including two referees to:
Citizen Justice Network
Deadline: 12 May 2018