About the job:
CSIR’s Strategic Alliances and Communication unit has an internship opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated media and communication or journalism graduate. Training will be provided to enable the intern to become familiar with the issues relating to the CSIR mandate and services. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Update and maintain the media database.
- Follow-up on CSIR media inquiry list and ensure that they are resolved.
- Liaise with communications managers in the units for possible media stories.
- Assist the media manager in writing corporate media releases.
- Assist the media manager with media monitoring and analysis.
- Work closely with the media manager in conducting media training at all CSIR’s campuses.
- Contribute to the development of media strategies and plans for different projects and initiatives.
- Assist in organising media events such as site visits and media conferences
- Contribute to the development of social media strategy.
- Develop and update content for CSIR’s Digital Media platforms including social media
- Assist the Digital Media practitioner with the establishment and maintaining of a digital video library.
- Monitor CSIR’s social media platforms.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communication or media studies.
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of social media is critical; the incumbent will be expected to provide their Twitter handle and Facebook profile, as well as any other social media accounts where they are active in their CV or application.
- English writing skills.
- Good word processing and typing skills with a high accuracy rate.
- Knowledge of other digital media tools.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to travel to sites where the project team is working.
Closing date: 17 August 2015
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre.Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.