Marketing and Sales internships: Mediamark & VoW 88.1: 2017
Mediamark, One of South Africa’s leading media marketing solutions providers specialising in regional radio marketing and sales and multi-channel solutions, and VoW 88.1, the campus station of Wits University, are seeking two very special people to fill posts as marketing and sales interns.
This will enable the interns to combine intensive exposure to the world of radio advertising sales at one of the country’s leading sales houses, with practical work both there and at a vibrant and exciting campus station. In practical terms, they will share their time between Mediamark and VoW 88.1 over the course of the internship, which will run from February to December 2017.
These are full-time positions, and a basic stipend will be paid. The successful applicants will also participate in the two-week Radio Sales and Marketing module run by Mediamark together with the Wits Radio Academy.
At Mediamark, which represents the following brands: East Coast Radio, Jacaranda 94.2fm, MSN, Outlook.com, Skype, Smile 90.4 FM, and various websites, the interns will:
- be introduced to the various areas of sales, including Marketing Intelligence, Trade Marketing, Direct and National Sales, and Sponsorships and Promotions, under the mentorship of experienced Mediamark staff.
- assist in the various areas, thereby learning the practical skills involved
At VoW 88.1, they will
- develop sales strategies in consultation with station management
- prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients
- assist with marketing the station to clients
- A bachelors degree is preferred, but a matric is the minimum requirement
- Computer literate, with skills in word processing, presentation and spreadsheets
- Good with numbers
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong initiative and drive
- Some experience in marketing and /or sales will be a recommendation
Applicants should submit a letter of motivation and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries can be made to Mike Smurthwaite on the same email.
The deadline for applications is 20 November 2016.