This is a position for an innovative and motivated professional with a unique blend of journalistic, online/digital and technical skills. It is an opportunity to work with the country’s top investigative journalism team, and to develop its digital strategy in groundbreaking new ways. The successful candidate will develop and implement a digital strategy for the dissemination of our stories in multiple versions across multiple digital/mobile platforms.
Key performance areas:
• Help develop digital strategy, with emphasis on reaching younger and underserviced audiences
• Expand social media profile • Redevelop website
• Build new digital/mobile platforms e.g. email newsletter, .mobi site, Mxit and making them inter-navigable
• Maintain and administer these multiple platforms
• Repurpose investigative content for redistribution across these platforms
• Work with investigative team to conceptualise and execute story packages for these platforms Some aspects may be outsourced, depending on the successful candidate’s technical proficiency, and some may involve liaising with technical partners.
• Self-motivator who can work both independently and as member of a team
• Minimum three years’ experience in either (but preferably a combination of) journalism/editing/ proofreading or digital/mobile/web administration/development
• Solid grasp of social and other forms of new media and understanding of rapidly changing media environment
• Proofreading/copy editing skills • Solid grasp of the ethical and legal requirements of journalism
• Understand and be guided by the public interest
• Drivers’ licence valid in SA an advantage.
A competitive remuneration package is offered. Individuals from a previously disadvantaged background are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email your CV, a short letter of motivation and two or three examples of previous work to email@example.com by Friday, April 24, 2015.
The CV, letter and examples should speak to the above criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.