SA National Editor’s Forum and the Nieman Society of Southern Africa are now accepting nominations for the 2017 Nat Nakasa Award for Media Integrity
Nat Nakasa was a prominent journalist and writer who died in exile. This annual award recognises any media practitioner – journalist, editor, manager or owner – who has:
* Shown integrity and reported fearlessly;
* Displayed a commitment to serve the people of South Africa;
* Tenaciously striven to maintain a publication or other medium despite insurmountable obstacles;
* Resisted any censorship;
* Shown courage in making information available to the SA public;
* Any combination of the above.
Please submit your nomination by close of business on 28 May 2017, accompanied by a motivation of 300 words to:
Ground Floor Room 1, Block A
18 Cedar Avenue
Tel: (011) 482 5771
Fax: (011) 482 9132
For Attention: Mathipa Chepape
The Award is open to all journalists irrespective of whether they serve a community / national newspaper, magazine or an electronic medium (including online publishers).
Previous winners of this Award are, however, not eligible for entry. The winner will receive R20 000 in prize money and a certificate.
The winner will be announced at the Nat Nakasa Awards ceremony on 10 June in Durban. For more information, please visit the Sanef website.
Closing Date: 28 May 2017