Meropa Communications is looking for a news editor.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Must have been a news editor of a major title (print, digital or electronic);
- Must have well over 5 years journalism experience;
- Proven writing & editing skills;
- Experience with print, digital & electronic and social media integration, an advantage;
- Experience in training & teaching journalism skills to others an advantage; and
- Will be required to head the function in a large, busy public relations agency.
Salary: R40K CTC per month negotiable.
Meropa Communications is a full-service reputation management agency. Often referred to as the industry standard of PR, we are one of the few national public relations consultancies in the country.
Meropa was established over 23 years ago; collectively we have over two decades of PR leadership, and more than 60 on-going global and national blue-chip clients.
We have over 50 professional staff in our Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and PE offices, 13 of whom are former journalists and editors, and 60% of whom are graduates.
We are a full-service stakeholder relationship firm, including media, consumer, investor, government, community and employee relationships.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with News Editor in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in connection with this position.