MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To produce accurate, quality news for television audiences that accurately reflects the latest newsworthy events locally and internationally, and attracts and retains the various targeted audiences of the South African Broadcasting Cooperation.
- Initiate your own stories and cover stories assigned to you from time to time
- Provide quality script and clear voice overs, including to air
- Do follow-up on stories through to final product before broadcast
- Build contacts and networks and maintain confidentiality of sources
- Package stories for current affairs programs and news bulletins
- Check facts, accuracy and quality of stories
- Adhere to SABC editorial code and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Obtain broadcast quality sound using relevant recording equipment
- Set up interviews and lead discussion for broadcast including cross overs
- Meet story deadlines
- Stay abreast of news events/developments
- Ensure bulletin copy meets the SABC ethical, editorial and production standards
- Keep up-to-date with news inputs and brief team with latest news development
- Optimize news impact
- Find newsworthy stories
- Investigate and break stories exclusively for SABC radio news
- Provide in-depth, well researched content for radio news and current affairs
- Prepare and conduct investigations relating to stories which are assigned
- Find and use documents-ability to follow a paper trail
- Relevant qualification in Journalism or related field (A Bachelors’ Degree or a National Diploma/3 year Diploma)
- At least 2 years journalism experience
- Radio reporter should be proficient in at least two languages which are English and Setswana whilst a Television reporter should be proficient in AFRIKAANS and English.
- Knowledge of a wide spectrum of issues pertaining to social, economic and political developments and analysis thereof.
- Ability to apply language and sound in order to optimize news impact
- Ability to think on your feet
- Good sense of News
- Clear broadcast voice
- Excellent command of both Afrikaans and English languages
- Ability to work under pressure and for long and irregular hours
Interested candidates must forward t Interested candidates must forward their applications with a concise CV to:
Manager: HR Shared Services
Closing Date: 27 November 2015
Only CV’s received at the above email address will be considered. The acknowledgement receipt will be proof should any enquiry occur.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal applicants will be considered first before reviewing external applicants. If you have not had any response within six weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.