We are looking for talented early career multimedia journalists with a passion for digital news to join our video teams, to produce original multimedia content for News24.
- Source, shoot and edit news videos on a daily basis.
- Produce breaking news stories that are short, engaging and shareable.
- Write accurate scripts, headlines and text to accompany videos.
- Assist with publishing videos on the News24 platforms.
- Maintain a strong diary with original story ideas.
- After-hours and weekend work will be required at times.
Required skills and attributes:
- Good technical knowledge of camera and audio equipment.
- A passion for news and current affairs.
- Confidence in producing stories under pressure with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent English-language writing and communication skills.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- A developing network of contacts.
- Ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop and basic After Effects).
- A motivated team player that can take initiative when needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Skills that would be an advantage:
- Experience in live streaming
- Experience in Adobe After Effects
- The ability to do voiceovers and on-camera work
Qualifications and experience:
- At least one year’s experience in shooting and editing video news video.
- Valid driver’s licence.
NB: Please include a link to an up-to-date showreel with your application
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.
Closing date: 24 October 2019