To lead and manage News24’s politics team and political coverage in conjunction with the senior editorial team. The political editor is well-versed in the political dynamics of South Africa and will set the agenda with his/her reportage and analysis of the political landscape.
– At least five years’ experience of working as a senior political journalist in South Africa;
– A relevant tertiary qualification;
– Experience of managing colleagues on stories or projects.
– Solid experience of digital platforms and passion for working in an online environment.
Skills & Competencies
– The ideal candidate has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the South African political landscape and a proven network of sources.
– He/she has the required skills to manage and motivate a small team of political reporters to deliver exclusive, agenda-setting stories for News24.
– The successful candidate has proven that he/she can analyse and interpret political events at high speed and has a passion for telling stories on digital platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Manage News24’s political reporters, including Parliament;
– Compile a cutting-edge daily diary of political coverage that is unique to News24;
– Be responsible for producing exclusive political stories on a weekly basis;
– Report on political events and regularly write opinion and analysis pieces for News24.
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.