To produce exclusive, agenda-setting stories for News24 in support of a transparent and accountable society. The investigate journalist is a seeker for the truth and has the forensic capabilities to unearth wrongdoing in the private and public sector.Minimum Requirements:
– An appropriate tertiary qualification,
– At least five years’ experience as an investigative journalist on a major South African news title.Skills & Competencies:
– Proven ability to identify, investigate and expose wrongdoing in society, in the private and public sectors,
– Established network of relevant sources,
– Ability to forensically unpack data in ways that are useful and empowering to readers,
– The capacity to deal with pressure and threats,
– Ability to tell complicated stories in a digestible way,
– Embracing new ways of storytelling other than text.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Research and investigate corruption and wrongdoing in the state, private companies and state-owned enterprises,
– Deliver well-written investigative articles, supported by multimedia, on a regular basis,
– Deliver breaking news scoops on a regular basis,
– Collaborate with the editorial, graphics and video teams in packaging investigative stories for maximum impact on digital platforms,
– Source and analyse relevant.
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.
Closing Date 22 January 2019