Main Purpose of the job:
The journalist will provide Fin24 readers with excellent coverage of South African businesses and investigations that unearth corporate wrongdoing.
* Writing breaking news reports about developments in various industries.
* Produce in-depth reporting, including investigative journalism which delivers exclusive, market-moving news that sets the agenda.
* Deliver accurate and clear reports with minimal factual and language errors.
Skills and Competencies:
* The successful candidate is a mid-level business journalist, with a keen interest in corporate and investigative reporting.
* A demonstrated commitment to the highest standard of journalism and ethical reporting.
* A proven ability to deliver breaking news, fast and without errors.
* The necessary competence to identify the most significant news angle in any story or report.
* Experience in delivering in-depth investigations, using a variety of sources to gather information .
* Financially literate, with an ability to analyse financial statements, and an understanding of capital markets.
* Exceptional language and writing skills.
* An independent self-starter, who also enjoys working in a team.
Qualifications and experience:
* At least 3 years’ experience as a financial journalist.
* A proven track record in financial and investigative journalism.
* A relevant tertiary qualification.
* Digital experience in a business news environment is recommended.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.