Main purpose of the job:
- Create content for the Health24 B2B and Syndication department.
- Research and write health, lifestyle and medical content for a range of syndicated clients, as well as for YourHealth, an employee wellness portal.
- Continually edit and update current content on the YourHealth portal (grammar checks, statistics review, add latest research and update expert input).
- Work on CMS for final editing and publishing of articles.
- Stay abreast of the latest medical research.
- Generate editorial ideas for our syndication clients.
- Liaise with specialists and other experts who review content.
- Source and contribute contacts to the Syndication expert list.
- Will receive editorial mentorship and training.
- CMS training and skill development.
- InDesign software training and development.
- Will develop skills in editing, sub-editing and proofreading.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- 1-2 years B2B experience, especially client co-ordination and interfacing.
- Must be able to conduct interviews and liaise with medical experts. Contribute ideas at editorial meetings.
- Be able to work to strict deadlines and briefs competently and with excellent accuracy.
- Mentor and help train interns where necessary.
- Assist editor with proposals and pitches where necessary.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant journalism qualification.
- At least 4 years’ relevant editorial experience, preferably online and in the B2B space
- Keen interest in medical, health and lifestyle content.
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.