SA National Editor’s Forum is now accepting nominations for the 2018 Nat Nakasa Award for courageous and brave journalism
Nat Nakasa was a prominent South African journalist and writer who died in exile in 1965. The annual Nat Nakasa award is awarded for courageous and brave journalism. The award recognises any media practitioner – journalist, editor, manager or owner – who has:
- Shown integrity and reported fearlessly;
- Displayed a commitment to serve the people of South Africa;
- Tenaciously striven to maintain a publication or other medium despite insurmountable obstacles;
- Resisted any censorship; and
- Shown courage in making information available to the SA public.
The winner is selected by a jury on the basis of nominations submitted by the public.
Please send your nominations and motivations to email@example.com.
Closing date for nominations is Tuesday 15 May 2018
The award ceremony will be held at a gala dinner on Saturday 23 June 2018.