Orlando Pirates is looking for a talented writer to produce content for its website and other online communication channels. The ideal candidate must have a passion for sport, creative, and energetic.
The lucky graduate/s will be taken through a six-month paying internship that provides an introduction to the working world, as well as a foundation for further development.
- Write, edit and maintain content for Orlandopiratesfc.com. Excellent web writing skills including the ability to repurpose offline copy for the web
- Work closely with marketing and communication department to produce compelling content for website, newsletters, etc.
- Ensure consistency of tone, ‘voice’ and messaging throughout all online content
- Ideal candidates have a technological and social media savvy. Basic understanding of web design principles and usability testing practices
- A successful candidate should be comfortable working with web publishing software and engaging readers online with Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites.
- An understanding of the football industry
- Outstanding written, editorial, listening, and interviewing skills with exceptional attention to detail
- This is not a copy-and-paste job; we are looking for energized, enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas which will engage the readers.
- Demonstrated capacity to operate successfully in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- A substantial degree of creativity is expected in this role. Select candidates will be asked to submit samples of their work to be considered.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Be able to multi-task and work evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of industry advantageous.
- Passion for sport and the Orlando Pirates brand
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.
Should you meet all the above requirements please forward a covering letter together with your CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org