Main purpose of the position:
Content production for the SABC News website and other platforms.
- Responsible for production of multimedia news content in line with the SABC’s editorial policies and guidelines, within tight deadlines.
- Gathering, writing, compilation and curation of news stories and features for a multiplatform environment: for use on the SABC’s online and social media platforms, as well as related material for radio and TV.
- Promotion of SABC content and stimulation of interaction around SABC content on social media sites.
- Use of suitable online and data tools to illustrate, visualise and enhance web content.
- Grade 12/Matric
- Driver’s license
- 3 year Journalism degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of relevant online journalism experience; or experience in publication/curation of online and social media content
- The ability to write and compile multimedia content and produce factually correct reports for online and other multiplatform use, within set deadlines
- Excellent news judgment and news awareness
- Demonstration of excellent English writing skills
- Excellent computer literacy and expertise in the use of online newsroom and data tools
- Good general knowledge and networking abilities
- Expertise in one or more news beats and experience in reporting and multimedia field production will be an advantage
- Flexibility to do shift work on a rotational basis, including early mornings, late nights and on weekends; and to work longer than normal hours when required
- Ability to work in a high pressure newsroom environment, as a member of the online news production team
Interested candidates must forward their applications with a concise CV to:
Manager: HR Shared Services
Closing Date: 09 December 2015
Only CV’s received at the above email address will be considered. The acknowledgement receipt will be proof should any enquiry occur.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal applicants will be considered first before reviewing external applicants. If you have not had any response within six weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.