Taylor & Francis Group, a leading global academic publishing company, is currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent Publishing Systems Editor. The Publishing Systems Editor (PSE) will support our local partners with author and academic editor-facing publishing systems related to our journal programme.
Reporting to the Publisher, the role will entail working on lists of peer-reviewed academic journals with Taylor & Francis’ co-publishing partners in the southern African region, as well as Academic Editors, Associate Editors and Authors.
Key Duties will include:
- Liaising between authors, academic editors and co-publishing partners, and UK-based Taylor & Francis colleagues, with a focus on maintaining good communication between the parties and high standards of quality in content.
- Regular and effective reporting on production progress across the lists both with internal colleagues at Taylor & Francis and with our publishing partners.
- Assisting co-publishing partners with production systems training and ongoing support, and giving broader system guidance to authors and academic editors in liaison with UK helpdesks.
- Supporting editors, authors and reviewers with online manuscript submission and peer review processes.
- Co-ordinating originality checking for co-published content as required.
- Working with the Taylor & Francis UK Production Manufacturing team to manage local supplier relationships.
- Presenting at and attending editorial roundtable meetings, author workshops and copublisher meetings, which may also require travel.
- Applying and communicating Taylor & Francis innovations within peer review, production and online publication in the local context.
The PSE must have a firm understanding of the academic publishing industry and will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of peer review and production processes both in traditional print and digital publication and in emerging technologies. The role is to support day-to-day operations on our co-published lists, ensuring partners see the best advantages from using Taylor & Francis systems, and to help identify and implement improvements in line with partner and Taylor & Francis objectives.
The successful candidate should ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent and must be good at problem solving, flexible and proactive. Excellent computer literacy, in particular good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other MS Office programmes is required. Demonstrable skills in relationship management in addition to technical knowledge and a keen willingness to learn are essential. Training and support for the successful candidate will be available from the UK production department.
All applicants are invited to apply; however Taylor & Francis’ South African office aligns its recruitment strategy with the Employment Equity Act no. 55 of 1998 of South Africa. Please make Publishing Systems Editor: 1459326 the subject of your email and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails without this subject may be overlooked.
Submit an up-to-date CV and a covering letter outlining why you are applying for the role, including relevant skills and experience, and providing details of current salary, working status, and notice period, as relevant. Only applicants shortlisted or called for interview will usually be contacted.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19 June. The Company Taylor & Francis Group, incorporating the Routledge imprint, partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Cape Town, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.
This position is based at our office in Cape Town, South Africa.
In return we offer: 21 days holiday per annum and a benefits package. Taylor & Francis Group http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com
An Equal Opportunities employer