The Afro-Middle East Centre (AMEC) is a research institute based in Johannesburg, and focusing mainly on the Middle East and North Africa region. It produces a number of publications and organises various events throughout the year. AMEC seeks to employ two junior researchers/ researchers.
Qualifications and experience
* At least a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
* Ability to plan and execute research projects;
* Experience in research design, analysis and in writing policy recommendations;
* Published research in a relevant area;
* Candidates who have conducted research on the MENA region will be preferred;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Fluency in English (knowledge of Arabic, Turkish and/or Persian will be an advantage).
This position will suit a flexible, experienced and articulate candidate who works well in a
team, is target driven, hard working and works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
Closing date: 7 February 2016
Start date: 1 March 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your covering letter should explain why you want to work for AMEC, and what qualities
and experience you would bring to the role.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, a covering letter and two writing samples (preferably
unedited by anyone else) to Mahlatse Mpya (email@example.com).