Who is doing what to whom – and why?
1. Introduction to resource politics in Africa / sub-Saharan Africa
– A brief history of primary resource exploitation
– The usual suspects: Multi-nationals and their role in resource exploitation
– New players on the block: The Asian invasion
2. Setting about investigating
– Likely open sources of information
– Not-so-open sources of information
– Checking for anomalies in figures
3. Off-shore hide-outs and other loopholes
– Transfer pricing
– Exporting of raw ore
– Who’s who in the zoo?
4. Painting the big picture
– Getting the context right
– Strategic minerals and their role in international commodity trade
– Socking ‘em between the eyes!