THE SABC does have an agreement with Fifa to be the official broadcaster of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, the broadcaster said, according to a report on iol.co.za.
This after a newspaper report claimed it did not have a broadcast contract with Fifa.
The Star reported on Monday that the SABC "used the World Cup as an excuse to avoid an interdict overturning a questionable R400-million contract" for outside broadcasting (OB) units.
It reported that lawyers for Fifa's agent, Host Broadcast Services (HBS) had indicated in court documents pertaining to the tender matter that there was no contract.
"Our client wishes to advise that no such contract between HBS and the SABC exists," the Star quoted from the lawyers' response to a subpoena to appear in court.
"In addition, no SABC OB trucks will be required by HBS for the 2010 Fifa World Cup to be held in South Africa."
In a statement on Wednesday, SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago said it had already been necessary to use the OB vans.