The South African National Editors’ Forum (SANEF) is an influential grouping of editors and senior editorial executives operating in print, broadcasting and digital mainstream and regional and community media, as well as media trainers from major journalism training institutions in the country.
SANEF is looking for a dynamic, organised, problem-solving, tech savvy administrator with good writing abilities.
• Membership – administer and record all potential members from application to completion, respond to queries and process membership payments.
• Organise meetings – including all travel arrangements, accommodation, venue hire, catering and documents for the SANEF AGM, Council meetings, management committee and sub-committee meetings
• Assist with events – including the SANEF annual fundraising dinner and Nat Nakasa Journalism Awards.
• Communication with members and the media – ensure all queries are answered.
• Databases and email lists – keep databases (members, friends and media) up to date.
• Media statements – assist with the drafting of statements and ensure follow up to get statements approved timeously, send, distribute on website and on social media platforms.
• IT equipment and systems – Keep all IT requirements running smoothly.
• Website updating – writing, editing and collating of material for website; ensuring website is constantly updated.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Friday 23 March 2018.