Reporting to the group head: eNCA Division your key performance areas will include:
- Sub news scripts, boards and crawlers, ensuring they’re succinct, accurate and relevant
- Ensure scripts are factually correct, contextual, engaging and in line with eNCA’s writing style
- Thoroughly check scripts and correct errors, inconsistencies and omissions
- Maintain high standards of spelling and grammar
- Assist in updating eNCA style guide
- Liaise with reporters to refine story angles and content
- Report back on story progress throughout the day
- Mentor and train reporters and desk writers
- Assist output editors in checking content in bulletin rundowns
- Write and voice local and international stories
- Script headlines and promos
- Liaise with bulletin producers, video editors and technical operations
- Re-angle stories regularly
- Review scripts and on-screen text within bulletins
- Check wire services and news feeds for breaking news
- Help decide how best to visually illustrate stories
- Stand in as bulletin producer or output editor if required
- More than seven years’ journalism experience – preferably in writing for broadcast
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent current affairs and general knowledge
- Knowledge of SA media law
- Good editorial judgement and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to voice news inserts is a distinct advantage
- The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
- This is a contract position only.
Closing date: 4 August 2015.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 14 days after closing of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.