Do you have a passion for digital? And an even greater passion for social media? Are you on the blogosphere, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and all the latest platforms?
Are you a qualified wordsmith with excellent writing skills backed by an astute eye for detail?
Do you understand brands and have a passion for creating content that engages and grows communities? Are you “always on”, even on weekends? If so we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dynamic team of digital fundi’s.
We’re a specialist digital, social media and PR agency based in Johannesburg, South Africa. We do breakthrough digital marketing for brands all over the world.
We develop digital strategies and design digital products for some of the world’s best companies. We also build beautiful user-centered websites, run social media, create digital campaigns, produce loads of great content and make lots of useful and fun games, apps and more.
Understanding our clients’ brands and their communities and creating engaging content for those communities is just some of the work you will do at Gullan&Gullan. In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
- Be always on and monitoring communities and responding timeously
- Manage communities throughout the day
- Ignite and close conversations
- Grow fan bases
- Conceptualise and manage social media competitions and giveaways
- Respond to comments and questions with immediacy
- Report to head of content and creative director
- Attend brand workshop discoveries and compile social media strategies
- Create quarterly content calendars
- Create weekly posting plans and attain internal and client approval
- Monitor all social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest, etc.
- Engage with communities by diligently replying to messages and comments
- Monitor and measure the impact of content, analyse, review and provide feedback to client and head of content
- Read and understand content strategy documents.
- Follow international brand pages and competitors
- Assess and report back on insights or findings and adapt content when necessary
- Supply information on trends to clients and agency
- Attend relevant events.
- Monitor, analyse, report and meet with client
- Conduct regular research to stay on top of trends, tools and applications in the social space
• Two years of experience in social media platforms and content management
• A University degree, college diploma or equivalent in communications, public relations, journalism or a related subject area
• Advanced knowledge of social media and online community platforms, usage trends and best practices
• Demonstrated experience growing online fan/follower bases and engagement
• Experience in social media goal setting, strategy and execution
• Strong knowledge of media monitoring, research and analysis, online measurement and report generation
• Exceptional communications skills: writing, editing, interpersonal, presentation
• A presence on at least four social media platforms
Note: Please do not contact us if you do not hold the above mentioned skill sets.
• Ability to work with under immense pressure
• Superior ability to execute against multiple tasks and programs under deadline pressure
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
• Experience and confidence in dealing with suppliers and clients
• High level of creativity, logic and problem solving skills
• Willingness to learn, accept instructions, correction and supervision
• Willingness to work around the clock – being a community manager isn’t a nine to five job, it involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to community members outside of work hours
Posted on 01 Jul 10:52