Sound Africa is looking for a passionate storyteller ready to work on all aspects of podcast production.
(Paid internship – Cape Town)
A small, start-up podcast non-profit dedicated to producing high-quality, independent audio
journalism. Mainly in the form of podcasts. Listen to some of our work here: Soundafrica.org
– Fluent in English and at least one other South African language
– Deeply Interested in radio/podcasting/documentary/journalism
– Willing to learn and expand your comfort zone and talk to new people every day
– Independent and with self-discipline (no one will be looking over your shoulder)
– Interested in society and the people in it
– Interested in- and active on social media
While a relevant education and radio experience is a benefit, it is not a requirement. We will
teach you everything you need to know about how to make a podcast. Historically
disadvantaged applicants are encouraged to apply.
The job is:
To assist our editor and freelancers/volunteers in all aspects of podcast production. This
includes idea development, recording, editing, publishing and social media. We are a small
start-up, so you will be involved in every step of the process. You will learn every day and it
will be challenging, hard at times, but also rewarding and fun.
– Duration: six months (one month trial period)
– Salary 8000.00 pr. month
While the position is envisioned as full-time, we are willing to accommodate the life
situation of a strong candidate.
How to apply:
Send an email – no later than March 20th – to email@example.com with your cv, a max one page cover letter AND a recording (or a link to a recording) you have made. This can anything from you reading a paragraph from the newspaper and recording it on your phone to a radio piece or a video you have made/are part of. You will not be disqualified for using cheap equipment or not being a trained narrator, but you will not be considered for the internship if you don’t provide a recording.