Remuneration: Market Related
City: Industria West
An opportunity for a Junior Digital Reporter exists within our Digital Department, reporting to the Digital News Editor of The Citizen.
Purpose of the Job:
To cover news events assigned by the News Editor and to produce accurate and well-written stories daily for our publication.
- Covering important events/issues and breaking news timeously.
- Use sources, documents, computer-assisted reporting, and other journalistic tools to develop, report and write exclusive/unique stories.
- Work with the Digital News Editor in the development of story and project ideas.
- Create online/multi-media and social media content.
- Do fact checking of all articles you write.
- Adhere to Code of Ethics and Editorial Standards and Practices.
- Establishing a network of contacts.
- Staying up to date with privacy, contempt and defamation.
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends.
- Monitor electronic news outlets to pick up on news leads and story ideas.
- Upload, publish and promote stories to the website and online.
- Assist with online administrative functions as directed.
Core Competencies Required:
- Talent for writing, coupled with a keen interest in breaking news.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Journalism.
- Newsroom writing experience.
- Between 1 – 3 years’ mainstream journalism experience.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook.
- Communication skills.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- High degree of professional journalistic conduct.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Valid driver’s license a must.
- Own vehicle a must.
Please send suitable applications with a full CV to email@example.com
Reference in subject line: Junior Digital Reporter
Closing date for applications: 27 November 2020.
Preference will be given to individuals who will add to the diversity of the organisation.
The Citizen reserves the right to not fill the position.